When many homeowners think about pruning and trimming their trees, they are more than likely thinking about making their trees look nicer. However, when it comes to maintaining your trees, trimming and pruning go far beyond that. It is important that you’re caring for your trees for the health of the tree more than anything. The tree looking good is simply a byproduct. Crecraft for Treecraft Tree Service is here to talk about some of the signs that help you know it’s time to prune and trim your trees.
Signs You Need to Prune & Trim Your Trees
There are several signs that might be present when it is time to prune and trim your trees. While many people aren’t thinking much about their trees in the winter time, there may be instances that lead to trimming and pruning your trees even in the dead of winter. Look for these signs that indicate it’s time to prune and trim:
– Broken Tree Branches: When you have branches that break on your trees, it exposes the inside of the tree due to the damage. Broken branches often happen in the winter months when there is snow that has fallen and is too heavy for the tree to support. It is important that you deal with the broken branches as soon as they happen. Anytime you have a big storm head your way, check your trees to make sure they weathered the storm okay.
– Deep Cracks in Tree Trunk: If you have noticed that there are deep cracks in the bark of your tree, it is a clear sign that your tree is sick or damaged. You need to deal with these deep cracks to make sure that your tree isn’t damaged to the point that it needs to be removed.
– Crossing Tree Branches: Seeing branches that cross each other isn’t something that you want to see in your tree. If you notice that there are crossing branches, they need to be removed from the tree for it to grow healthy and strong.
– Deadwood: Another sign that your tree some attention is deadwood. It is normal for some branches to die off and need to be removed. It is important that you’re paying attention so that any deadwood happening on your tree can be removed. If the deadwood is severe, there may be a more serious problem that needs to be addressed by a professional to save the tree.
– Density of Tree Branches: You want to be able to see through your tree somewhat. If the greenery on your tree is so heavy that you can’t see past it whatsoever, it means that you need to remove some of the branches so that there is airflow for the tree to grow correctly.
Tree Pruning & Trimming Services in West Norriton Township, Tredyffrin Township, East Norriton, Radnor, Wayne, Saint Davids, Lower Merion Township, Norristown, Upper Merion Township, Phoenixville & Greater King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
If your trees are in need of pruning and trimming, you can turn to Crecraft for Treecraft Tree Service to help you get it taken care of. There is a certain amount of care that your tree is going to require no matter what time of the year it is. Call us today!